A couple of months ago we featured a series of photos of Nels Thompson and his 1930 Packard 740 preaching car in front of one of the three Guasti-Giulii Inc. tire shops in Los Angeles, California. What we did not know at the time was that the Guasti-Giulii Inc. Tire Tower, as it was called, was just to the left-hand side of the building in the previous photos. This was the location of headquarters of the operation that was at Eighth Street and Central Avenue.
This second set of photos was taken earlier on November 15, 1929. The service vehicles that can be seen in the images are: two Model A Ford Roadster pickup trucks and a Indian motorcycle equipped with a sidecar chassis and a utility box equipped with a compressed air tank. The U.S. Tires that Guasti-Giulii Inc. sold were produced by the U. S. Rubber Company. The photos are courtesy of the USC Libraries.