Griffith Stadium, located at Georgia and Florida Avenues in Washington, DC, was the home of the Washington Senators Baseball Club between the years of 1911 and 1965 when it was then demolished. The vacant lot later became the site of the Howard University Hospital. The location of the parking lot in today’s photo at 2035 Georgia Ave NW was found after searching for the address of Baxter McKinney’s Ford Authorized Auto Repair shop in the 1920 issue of “Boyd’s Directory of the District of Columbia.”
A post-World War II aerial image of the stadium below was found at Wikipedia along with the complete history of the Ball Park. In this photograph, the building that housed McKinney’s Shop and the parking lot can be seen in the upper right-hand side of the picture.
The parking lot view in the lead image and the enlargeable version of it below show an assortment of fairly average cars of the early to-mid-twenties, with the exception of one that may be a Cadillac located in the middle of the second row up from the bottom of the photo. Another automobile of interest is the sporty-looking roadster with disc wheels on the far-right of the same row. Tell us what you find of interest in this photograph courtesy of the Library of Congress.