Today’s feature image takes us to Seattle, Washington, for a late-1940s or early-1950s view of Commercial Auto Service Inc., located on both sides of an unknown thoroughfare in the City. The two-story main building complete with a tower is on the left-hand of the street and is quite substantial in size, which may indicate that the Garage had been in business for quite some time.
Signs over the drive in door of the service facility include those for Goodyear, Plymouth, and an Easy Pay Plan. Across the street the long Commercial Auto Service Inc. sign lists “Automobile Rebuilding Repairing And Painting” at the bottom, which may indicate that the body shop that rebuilt wrecks, repaired collision damage and did painting was located in the building behind it.
The only reference to the facility found after a short search was in book published in 1968 by the Office of the Washington Secretary of State listing business licenses issued that year.
- Enlargeable view of Commercial Auto Service Inc. above, and a street scene dated 1939 at an intersection on Alaskan Way in Seattle, Washington.