Today we have a treasure-trove of both Pre and Post-World War II vehicles for our readers who enjoy parking lot scenes and looking for something unusual in the mix. The facilities are near the intersection of North Meridian Street and North Illinois Street, partially visible on the far-left of the lead image that is dated 1947.
The Monarch Buick agency was headquartered nearby at 1040 North Meridian Street and was using the fenced in lot at the front center of the lead image for storing cars, some of which may have been parked there by employees.
On the other side of the street in the left-rear of the photo is a gasoline station and parking lot that appears to be a combined operation. On the far-right of the scene is a lot apparently used by a construction company, and behind it is a Motorola radio facility that sold units “For Home & Car.”
Tell us what you find of interest in this photo courtesy of the Indiana Historical Society.