Lander Motors, located in Atlanta, Georgia was operated by John Lander, a widely known auto dealer. Lander later went on to win a top national award for his sales agency and became the President of the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) in 1961, the year the dealership began selling the Rambler.
Lander was a second generation car dealer who’s father Joseph Lander, set a record at a Stock Car meet held in Jacksonville, Florida on Pablo beach in January of 1906. “The Motor Way” reported “Lander drove a 50 h.p. Thomas Flyer over the one-mile distance in only 57-seconds.”
Today’s image taken on September 1, 1953, shows the Lander Motor’s tire and lubrication shop located at the corner of West Peachtree Street and North Avenue. The parking lot is filled with cars, and includes some produced by automakers other than Dodge indicating that this was a popular tire shop in the area.
Tell us what you find of interest in this photograph is courtesy of the Georgia State University Library.