Today, we travel to Los Angeles, California, and view a promotional photo taken in 1932 for the Union Oil Company. This filling station was located at the intersection of West 3rd Street and South Detroit Street in the La Brea neighborhood of the City.
The lead photograph is a close up of some of the cars staged for the image and two Wayne Gasoline pumps one of which dispensed Union “76” fuel. The second pump located to the right of the first has signage for the “Unoco” brand that apparently was the companies regular fuel in use at the time.
The automobiles in the view with the exception of the Packard are ordinary everyday cars, and the newest ones date to either 1930 or ’31; the oldest vehicles may only be about three to four years old.