Today’s feature image is one of a number of photographs that have survived which may have been published in the “The Hoosier Motorist” a publication of the Hoosier Motor Club.
The Pride Brothers Garage was located in Evansville, Indiana, and was in the general repair, gasoline sales, towing, and storage business. Judging by the photo taken in 1926 of the operation, it had a staff that included one woman, and seven men. The Shop must have been an up-to-date operation as hanging above the “Garage” sign is a service banner for “Lockheed Hydraulic Brakes” introduced only a couple of years earlier. Located on the far-left of the image is “Ray’s Barber College” where haircuts cost 15 cents.
The Pride Brothers had an impressive fleet of service vehicles that included a pair of Cadillac V-8 powered automobiles converted into tow trucks, two 1926 Model “T” Fords, and an unidentified roadster or touring car transformed into a service vehicle.
Tell us what you find of interest in this photograph courtesy of the Indiana Historical Society.