Tucker Collector Nick R. Jenin of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, purchased his first Tucker car in 1952 from Ezra Schlipf, a mid-western International dealer. Schlipf bought a number of Tuckers and a large quantity of spare parts at the Tucker bankruptcy auction.
It is reported that Jenin owned as many as ten Tuckers at one time. At some point in the late-1950s he set up his own traveling “Fabulous Tuckers” road show that traveled around the county. The exhibit as seen in the lead image ready to travel featured six Tucker cars, a complete chassis and a Metro van filled with Tucker accessories and memorabilia. In the offseason, the cars were stored at the Michigan State Fairgrounds and Tucker #1026 that survives, and an engine test chassis are visible in the photos below.
By the mid-1960s Jenin either tired of the Tuckers or decided to cash out of his investment and advertised the complete collection for sale for $38,000; at that time no one was willing to step up and purchase the collection as a whole. Apparently it took close to ten years until 1974 when Jenin was able to sell off the last car and the balance of the components and parts.
The photos are courtesy of the Tucker Club and Ken Northcraft who posted them on the AACA Facebook page seeking more information about Jenin’s collection. Can any of our readers add more to the story?