Today’s feature images taken in 1931 contain views of a stand-alone Pennzoil “One Stop” lubrication service located on the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and North Alexandria Avenue, northeast of the center of Hollywood, California. The set of staged promotional photos apparently show a garage set up with a new concept the Oil Company was trying at the time, wherein motorists would have both the oil changed and the chassis lubricated at the same time.
Behind the employee in the lead image, is a cabinet containing four different types of pressurized chassis grease which were added to a car while it was up on the lift. Three different grades of motor oil are on a short wooden bench just to the left of the doors for the ladies and men’s rooms. On the wall between the restrooms is a “PurOlater” oil filter demo.
Share with us what you find of interest along with the year, maker, and models of the vehicles in the photographs courtesy of the USC Libraries.