Rice and Holman Ford which is still in business today began operations ninety-four years ago in 1924 offering the Model “T.” The pair of experienced car dealers opened the dealership in Merchantville, New Jersey, located about six miles east of Philadelphia. The Ford agency survived through the depression by selling the Model “A,” “B,” and V-8 powered models and in 1939 opened a Lincoln-Mercury dealership.
Postwar in 1946 Rice and Holman opened a Ford Parts Rebuilding operation similar to the Titus Manufacturing Company’s operation in Tacoma, Washington. In 1948 the sales organization began a truck leasing and rental business after being asked by the Ford Motor Company to service a part of the RCA truck fleet.
Today’s feature image taken in 1958 contains the Rice and Holman Ford sales and service property located in Pennsauken Township, New Jersey; the town surrounds Merchantville the site of the firm’s first Dealership. The localities are just east of Camden, New Jersey, that is across Delaware River the from the City of Philadelphia.