Recently Elke’s Pontiac used car sales lot was covered here with photos taken in 1953. Today, we take a look at Elkes Pontiac Sales and “Elkes Onized Certified Services” building two years later in 1955, located on Florida Avenue.
About a week ago Bob Deriso’s United Motors Service Repair Garage was featured in photos taken circa 1951, and at that time Elke’s new car sales and service was across Harrison Street from Deriso’s. At some point between the early-1950s and the 1955 Pontiac model year run Elke’s moved to Florida Street and the building featured today.
The lead image and an enlargeable view of it below show the service department and tire shop which also sold Texaco gasoline at a partially covered fuel pump island out in front of the building. The picture at the bottom of the post contains a view of the new car salesroom on the left and the service department on the right. Note the billboard featuring a two-door hardtop and the 180 h.p. Strato-Streak V-8 engine.
Share with us what you find of interest in the enlargeable photographs below by Robinson and French courtesy of the University of South Florida at Tampa.