Today we travel to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for a view down a line of automobiles on Forbes Avenue in the Oakland neighborhood which is located on the eastern side of the City. At the head of the line of vehicles in the left-hand lane is a 1936 Ford “Tudor” sedan followed by the oldest car in the view, a 1929 Pontiac four-door sedan. The image is dated to November 11, 1937 by the source.
The tall building in the background is the Cathedral of Learning, a forty-two story landmark in the center the University of Pittsburg campus that contains classrooms, and the School’s administration center. Another structure of note that stands out from the traditional architecture is the light-colored Art Moderne two-story structure on the far left of the photo containing a cleaner and a flower shop. This building appears to be in the finishing stages of construction.
Share with us what you find of interest in the enlargeable photograph (below) by the City Photographer courtesy of the University of Pittsburgh Library.