This press photo is from April of 1946, when William B. Stout was introducing his new creation to the Detroit area press. Stout was a man who thought outside the box and had already designed and built the famous Stout Scarab. The first nine prewar cars he built were steel framed, which was skinned with aluminum and magnesium, the tenth car was done in fiberglass. After the war he introduced this postwar model which was all fiber-glass except the doors. It was equipped with a rear engine as the earlier models were, but only this one unit was built. Little is known of it this car and we are unsure if it has survived. The Old Motor photo.