Here are a pair of General Motors Trucks the were owned by The Detroit News, which has a long history after being started in 1873. The top photo is of a mobile radio truck with a very interesting sign mounted over the wind-shield. The truck also appears to have a generator on board and down the side it is lettered; Special Feature Service, Radio Mobile Unit. The the mid 1930s truck was photographed on Aug. 21, 1947.
The truck below was part of the fleet that was used for delivering the newspaper in bulk. It was photographed closer to when in was built on Feb. 18, 1936. Reader FLM Ridste has identified the truck as a Reo. Photos courtesy of Benjamin Ames.