Pontiac Indian Head logos abound in this shot of Boomershine’s used car lot in Atlanta, Georgia dated March 14, 1953. Although unacceptable by today’s standards, it was once one of the most recognized trademarks in the auto industry. You might recall that we speculated about the location of the repair shop in a previous post about the Boomershine Motor Company , and whether or not their new and used car departments were in the same place. This photo appears to indicate that they were indeed separate facilities, and that the service bays were attached to the new car showroom.
A view of the used car lot in 1953 from a different angle can be seen in the first thumbnail (above). The center photo (above) shows an open house at the Boomershine new car showroom dated November 30, 1951, and two 1952 Pontiacs, a convertible and a Catalina two door hardtop. The Catalina shows the revolutionary roofline that was a critical part of the sleek restyle that General Motors introduced across the board in 1949. The last shot (above), from September of 1958 shows the signage for a number of dealers along “auto row”. That’s Boomershine’s new car showroom at 425 Spring Street NW at Parker Street. All that neon must have looked just great at night.
Finally, we have a what appears to be a different used car lot location at 341 Spring photographed on February 16, 1964. Boomershine clearly didn’t want any potential customers to miss that address! Lane Brothers Photographers originally took these shots and they come to us courtesy of Georgia State University .