An Entertaining & Informative Vintage Automobile Internet Magazine

A Matheson Masterpiece

This is a masterpiece of engineering and construction that was designed by Charles G. Greuter for the Matheson Company, which was located at the time in Wilkes-Barre, PA, (1906-1912). In these original factory photos we see the makings of the 1908 50 hp sohc four-cylinder engine, along with a fine double chain-drive chassis, a recipe…

  11 Comments      Read More  

The Revs Insitute

One of our partners the Revs Institute for Automotive Research has made a couple of announcements recently which will further the educational organization and their scholarly study of  automobile history. They have acquired and moved the Karl Ludvigsen Library which we looked at recently. This further broadens their more than one million item library and…

  3 Comments      Read More  

Self Service Parking….1953

A Buick driver, using a new self service parking area in Chicago, is shown in a photo taken on June 11, 1953. Patrons were given a paper card to insert which was read by the elec-tronic ticket reader. They would buy a new ticket every thirty days, as they were changed to discourage fraud.  

  No Comments      Read More