Tag Archives: 1953 Bel Air

Sinclair Super Service in Fort Worth, Texas

S.J. Middleton’s 1953 Chevrolet 210 convertible still looked pretty new when this photo was taken, but we can’t say the same for that bathtub Nash lurking in the service bay on the far left or the Chevrolet on the other side of the pumps. This was the era of planned obsolescence, and both the older car from Kenosha and the Chevy were beginning to look a little out of date.

The uniformed attendant and free air hose located right on the pump island indicate that it was also the era when a “service station” was more than a just place to get fuel. You can find many more photos of gas stations here on The Old Motor, and some Sinclair stations, too. Photo courtesy of  The University of North Texas Libraries

  •                                           
6 Comments
Posted in Auto Racing 1894 - 1942, Gasoline stations | Tagged , , , , , |